New brand of Train- Tejas is arriving soon on your city station at a speed of 200 kmph.
Tejas Express is mainly made considering business travelers who are willing to pay for superior comforts. 9 routes identified for Tejas train are Delhi-Agra, Delhi-Chandigarh, Delhi-Kanpur, Nagpur-Bilaspur, Mysuru-Bengaluru-Chennai, Mumbai-Goa, Mumbai-Ahmedabad, Chennai-Hyderabad and Nagpur-Secunderabad.
From them, routes final for first trip are:
1. Anand Vihar Terminal to Lucknow Junction, 6 days in a week
2. Delhi to Chandigarh – 6 days in a week
3. Mumbai CST to Karmali (North Goa) – 5 days in a week
From Delhi – Chandigarh Tejas train is ready to rail in a couple of days. The only green signal is left over to speed up at 160 kmph. According to the report, Mumbai-Goa Tejas, Surat- Mumbai Tejas and Delhi – Jalandhar Tejas is in a row.
The train has 19 coaches with each coach cost Rs. 3.25 crore. Completion as work took only six months rest was the paper work. It has 16 non-executive or AC coach having 78 seats, two executive CC is having 56 chairs and one power coach. Automatic entrance plug doors in a coach will be controlled through guard panel. Improved couplers are used for jerk free rides and new braking system is installed in coaches. Besides Tejas has a mechanism to call an attendant by ringing a bell attached to the panel.
Tejas brand train built at Kapurthala Coach Factory, Kapurthala and is in trial stage. A joint venture of Ahmedabad-based National Institute of Design (NID) and Indian Railways had worked on its interiors and colors.
“Operating at speeds of 130 kmph and above, it will offer on-board services such as entertainment, local cuisine, Wi-Fi, etc. through one service provider for ensuring accountability and improved customer satisfaction,” said Suresh Prabhu, Railway Minister in his last year Railway budget. Tejas has all in that.
Tejas Express has high tech facilities like:
1. Each luxury chair car seat has personal 9” LCD touch screen
2. Headphones and USB sockets
3. GPS system to display passenger inforamtion
4. LED boards and Braille displays
5. Automatic entrance plug door
6. Wi-Fi Network
7. adjustable Cushioned Seats, redesign Arm-rest and leg support
8. Coffee Vending Machine
8. Smoke Detection System, CCTV and Suppression System
9. LED lights and adjustable Reading lights
10. Modern Bio-vacuum Toilet with water level indicators, tap sensors, hand dryers and dustbin
11. Supply local food made by chef Sanjeev Kapoor
12. Jerk free rides
What more is required after getting such luxury things in a ‘Tejas’ ride? Nothing but a jerk free ride with a coffee mug in one hand and a magazine in another.